Bentham OPEN is committed to disseminating research and scholarly publications as widely as possible. It supports the principle that 'the results of research that have been publicly funded should be freely accessible in the public domain’ and therefore it encourages researchers to make their research available through Open Access (OA).
Open access publishing is not without costs. To provide open access, Bentham OPEN journals partly defray the expenses of journal production, and online hosting and archiving from authors and their research sponsors by charging a publication fee for each article they publish. The fees vary by journal.
The publication fee details for each article published in Bentham OPEN in this journal is given below:
- Letters Article / Short Communication / Case Report: The publication fee for each published Letter article submitted is US $750.
- Research Articles: The publication fee for each published Research article is US $960.
- Mini-Review Articles: The publication fee for each published Mini-Review article is US $750.
- Review Articles: The publication fee for each published Review article is US $1,060.
The following special discounts are offered to authors and editorial board members:
- Authors from developing countries are entitled to 30% discount of their article publication fee submitted to any of the Bentham OPEN journals.
- Authors from Bentham OPEN Member institutes are entitled to 30% discount of their article publication fee submitted to any of the Bentham OPEN journals.
- All Editors and Editorial Board Members of Bentham OPEN journals are entitled to publish their articles free of charge.
- Subsequent submissions from the Bentham OPEN Authors will receive a discount of US$ 100 on the total publication charges providing their previous submission did not avail any discount off the listed full author open access fee rate.
- Waiver and additional discount requests are decided on the basis of the author's country of origin and quality of the submitted article. Editors and reviewers have no access to whether authors are able to pay; decisions to publish are only based on meeting the editorial criteria.
The publication fee includes the professional copy editing charges. Once the paper is accepted for publication, the author will receive an electronic invoice via email. Please click here to download the Fee Form.